Sunday, January 25, 2026

Racing Sports Genre View

 Welcome Back! I wanted to talk about how While diving into research for this project I was really excited to look into the Racing Sports genre since sports is one of my favorite genres. The typical audience for this genre is teenagers and young adults, especially motorsport fans and car lovers. Genre conventions of this genre are like scenes were there's high speed racing or were the character is training to become better. A film that inspired me to research this genre is Gran turismo since I was just looking for a something to watch on a random day so I watched it and I loved it.

Genre conventions with techniques is that they usually use a close up of the drivers eyes in the helmet a lot to show the intensity of the race. Additionally some similar films use shot-reverse-shot added on with the close up I mentioned earlier. The narrative image emphasizes speed, rivalry, and completion while the marketing uses trailers, posters and social media, usually using engine sounds and fast cut editing in their video marketing.
The F1 movie was another film that made me want to research this genre since I really enjoyed  watching it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Film opening and CCR links

 well here's the last few thing... after hours opening: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nAPiz9Xau1sCufyI_J5T6QUvb2w60M3e/view?usp=shari...