Hello I'm back again! after talking with my group on deeper level we wanted to change the theme to drama because our ideas for the romance genre were pretty trash, so our idea for the drama is this teenager that is sneaking back home after after a party and while hes sneaking in his mom catches him and while getting scolded its going to cut back and show 8 hours before or something like that. after that its going to be a scene were the teenager either is telling his parents that he will be back home before their required time or he will be grounded so he cant leave at all. and yeah that's pretty much it for now but I'll see what other ideas we explore.
Since I chose drama I'm going to do a little deep dive into 3 drama film openings especially on Research/Analysis/Discussion.
My first film opening I researched was this French made film called Athena.
As soon as the film starts there's immediate conflict, which creates a serious and adrenaline tone to the piece from the get go. Also this scene has some aspects that make it feel more real like the huge crowds that there is.Moreover this opening had long continuous camera movement and all of the opening was a single take were the camera doesn't cut. And theres many sounds making the it feel like there's chaos. After viewing this opening it made me feel like it had just a little similarity to my groups idea were you just enter into a scene not knowing context or anything and just being thrown in.
For my second film researched I did "the Wonder"
The Wonder is a film were a nurse is sent to a young girl who claims to survive without eating and she discovers many things. This opening uses Slow planning to give of a calm and composed look. and Before the story begins it shows a set which shows how the film revolves around storytelling and belief. This film was very peculiar and I think this drama is in hugely different world than the Athena film but I don't really know if I want to draw inspiration from any of this films characteristics.
The Anatomy Of a Fall is my third and final opening research film. Like the Athena film this opening starts without explaining anything and creating tension and uncertainess the scene starts with a calm interview which is violently interrupted by loud music from inside the house. there no dramatic lighting and uses many medium shots. this film openings is going to be useful to take inspiration from because the start with calmness can help my group and I when creating the scene when the teenager talks with his parents before eventually sneaking out so it can create a false sense of calmness.
No comments:
Post a Comment